We believe that people are best served by legal professionals when they know upfront what help they will receive, and how much it will cost them. We also believe that everyone should have access to high quality legal services, whether they're rich, poor or somewhere in the middle.
We offer our legal help remotely or in person, and most of our legal services are provided on a set scope and fixed fee basis.
Our Articling Clinicians are trained to serve "everyday legal needs" across many different areas of law. They work with our Supervising Lawyers to identify cost-effective ways to address legal problems, and then provide their clients with the knowledge and cost certainty needed to make confident decisions.
Our Community Lawyers provide a greater range of services across more areas of law. As independent practitioners, they have the flexibility and experience required to tailor their services to your particular needs.
We recognize that quality legal services are often unaffordable to British Columbians with modest and middle incomes, so we set our service prices to be as affordable as possible.
Our fixed service prices are listed here on a "starting from" basis (not including taxes and disbursements), for the purpose of setting baselines for an Articling Clinician's customized fee quote for service.
Your service fees help us to fund bursaries and scholarships for future Articling Clinicians.
How to Use Our Services
Articling Clinician Services
- Book an initial telephone or video meeting (15 to 30 minutes) with one of our Articling Clinicians, to see how they can help you.
- Obtain our Articling Clinician's written quote for service (for a fee ranging from $40 to $80), outlining the scope and fixed cost of the legal services you need.
- Accept our Articling Clinician's quote for service, and retain their services. We'll put a hold on your credit card for the fixed cost, but we won't charge you until their work is done.
- Gain the benefit of our Articling Clinician's quality legal services, at exactly the scope and cost quoted (subject to your revisions).
- Receive our Articling Clinician's closing letter, and the credit card charge for their legal fees. Discuss next steps as needed.
Community Lawyer Services
- Book an initial telephone or video meeting (typically 30 minutes) with one of our Community Lawyers, to see how they can help you at a cost you can afford.
- Enter into a customized retainer agreement with our Community Lawyer for the legal services you need.
- Gain the benefit of our Community Lawyer's quality legal services, and pay fees according to the retainer agreement.
- Discuss next steps as needed.